Kentucky Teacher Reciprocity

If you have a valid teaching certification from another state, you may be eligible for a Kentucky Teaching Certification through reciprocity agreements.

You will need the following requirements fullfilled:
  • Complete application form TC-1. You can also call for a packet to be sent to you, (502) 564-4606.
  • Verify your teaching experience by having your employing school district complete section 2 of form TC-1
  • Teacher Competency Examinations may be waived depending on how long you've been a teacher and/or what examinations you have already taken.
  • Provide front and back copies of your current, valid teaching certificate.
  • Include a $50 processing fee in the form of money-order or certified check to the "Kentucky State Treasurer"
Send materials to this address:
Education Professional Standards Board
Division of Certification
100 Airport Road, 3rd Floor
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601

Or request more information by contacting a representative at the Kentucky Department of Education at (502) 564-4606, or toll free at (888) 598-7667.

Learn about the requirements of another state by clicking on one of the state certification links to your left.

Request information from schools by clicking on the links or school logos below.

Article of the Month
First year trials...

Do you remember walking through the front doors of your school on your first day as a teacher? Well, I sure do. A few teenagers were strolling the halls, but most hadn’t arrived yet. Eager with anticipation, I hardly slept a wink... Read More...