Steps to renewing your certification
- Indiana Teacher Certification Renewal
Complete 6 semester hours of renewal coursework at an accredited institution. OR,
Complete 90 Continuing Renewal Units (CRU's). In order to renew your license with CRU's, you must hold a Master's Degree or have at least 36 graduate semester hours completed. OR,
Enroll in a Professional Growth Plan (PGP) and complete required coursework.
- Step 1:
- Complete Application - State Form 9331
- Step 2:
- Attach a $35 cashier's check or money order made payable to the "State of Indiana"
- Step 3:
- Attach your original Indiana license that is being renewed.
- Step 4:
- Submit all materials to the licensing advisor at the University where you completed renewal coursework. OR,
- Submit Continuing Renewal Units (CRU's) material or certificates showing you have completed 90 CRU's directly to the Indiana Division of Professional Standards. OR,
- Submit Professional Growth Plan (PGP) materials directly to the Indiana Division of Professional Growth.
Division of Professional Standards
Room 229, State House
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2798
- Sit Back and Relax!
Learn about the requirements of another state by clicking on one of the state certification links to your left.
New Hampshire Teacher
New Jersey Teacher
New Mexico Teacher
New York Teacher
North Carolina Teacher
North Dakota Teacher
Rhode Island Teacher
South Carolina Teacher
South Dakota Teacher
West Virginia Teacher
Elementary Teacher Education
Secondary Teacher Education
Do you remember walking through the front doors of your school on your first day as a teacher? Well, I sure do. A few teenagers were strolling the halls, but most hadn’t arrived yet. Eager with anticipation, I hardly slept a wink... Read More...